Indian visa Application
When should I apply for an Indian e-Visa?
- 1 Year & 5 Year Visa – e-Tourist Visa can be applied for 120 days prior to expected arrival date in India and at least 4 days prior to expected arrival date in India.
- 30-day e-Visa – can be applied for at least 4 days before departure. You can start applying for this visa up to 30 days before your planned travel date.
- If you prefer to apply in advance, iVisa.com offers a waiting service that allows you to apply for your e-visa anytime before your travel, and will be automatically queued to submit your visa application at the appropriate time.
Who is eligible for Indian Visa Online?
Most foreigners are required to apply for an e-Visa to visit India, regardless of travel duration. If you do not have an OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) card, you need a visitor visa to India. See the FAQ section for an extensive list of countries where you can apply for an e-Visa.
An e-Tourist visa can only be used for tourism purposes by holders of an international travel document and must hold a passport with at least six months validity at the time of application.
How long is the e-Visa valid for?
The validity of your e-Visa depends on the e-Visa service you requested in your application.
- 30 Days e-Visa – 30 days after arrival in India
- 1 year eVisa – 1 year from issue
- 5 year eVisa – 5 years from issue
All three types of visas must be used within 120 days (4 months) of issuance.
How many times can I enter India with an e-Visa?
- 30 Days – Double entry visa for use within 30 days of arrival. Double entry is permitted within the validity period of the electronic visa stamped in your passport.
- 1-year and 5-year visas – multiple entries. Permits continuous stay during each visit not to exceed 90 days per entry, except for citizens of the United States and Japan. For citizens of the United States and Japan, the total number of consecutive days on each visit cannot exceed 180 days.
Where can I enter the India e-Visa?
The Indian Tourist e-Visa is valid for entry from:
29 designated airports:
Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cochin, Goa, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Gaya, Jaipur, Lucknow, Trichy, Varanasi, Calicut, Mangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Bagdogra, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Bhubaneswar, Port Blair, Kannur.
5 designated ports:
Mumbai, Cochin, Mormugao, Chennai, New Mangalore. However, travelers can exit through any Immigration Control Office (ICP) permitted in India.
Do I need a visa to transit through India?
Visitors do not need a valid visa if they wish to proceed to another country and stay within India’s airport transit area.
What do I need to apply for an Indian Visa online?
Applying for an eVisa India is easy. No need to go to any Indian visa embassy, book an Indian visa appointment or talk to an immigration officer. To get an Indian e-Tourist Visa online, you only need the following information:
- Applicant photo – a recent photo taken on a white background
- Scans of personal passport data or travel documents including photo and passport data
- A copy of the last page of your passport (if applicable)
- A valid email address – to contact you
- Credit or debit card for payment
Do children also need to apply for an Indian e-Visa?
Yes, all applicants regardless of age must possess a valid e-Visa to travel to India.
Children (including newborns) must complete a separate form. If you are traveling with more than one child, you must complete and apply for a separate form for each child and carry the visa approval form along with the child’s valid passport.
How much does an Indian e-Visa cost and how long does it take to process?
There is usually a $27.5 government fee for the 30-day e-Visa. However,
There is a government fee of $43.00 for a 1 year visa and $84.05 for a 5 year visa. There are some exceptions to this fee. B. Argentina. However, you can check the exact government fees during the application process.
For all three eVisa types available, we have three different pricing and processing options to choose from depending on how fast you need to process. Processing fees vary by nationality. Exact fees can be found using the calculator below or at the time of application.
The processing options we offer are:
- Standard processing – This is the best option when waiting times are high. It takes 5 days and is the most economical.
- Rush processing – slightly faster. It only takes 3 days to get a visa.
- Super Rush Processing – Visa delivered within 36 hours. This is very fast and perfect for those in a hurry.
Our processing fees include both service fees and government fees as described above.
To know the cost for a specific nationality, you have to apply online. Some countries have exceptions and price changes. If your nationality is exempt from the e-Visa fee, fee will be charged depending on how quickly you need it.
Leave a Reply